Friday, April 25, 2008

Big Creek

Have a couple of minutes to spare so I’ll write a word or so,
Our agenda is really crowded, we are always on the go.
With Chuck and Lynn we went for a ride up in the Lewis River hills
Walked up Big Creek, no trail, so we took some trippy spills.

Thirty years ago, while fishing this creek I walked on a big petrified log.
Probably ages ago this whole area was just one big bog.
When I saw this log I was impressed but I didn’t mark it well
There were three big blocks of it in the creek that’s how I would tell.

The rains have come and the creek has raised many times of course,
Brought rock and sand and other stuff from up this creek’s great source.
Trees have fallen across the creek, giant cedar and fir,
I tried to remember exactly but my memory’s just a blur.

We didn’t find the log, just smaller pieces and two kind’a big blocks,
I turned my ankle and skinned my arm slipping on the rocks,
The weather was great, we had fun, wish you could have been there.
But I remember a rock we put in a stump up clear Creek somewhere.

When you are back over here and want something worth while to do
I’ll have this locked up in my memory just saving it for you.

Karl Jansen
6/8/98

No comments: